The Wise Hippo instructor training is fully accredited by The Royal College of Midwives (R.C.M) and Federation of Antenatal educators (FEDANT).
I am a lifetime member of The Royal College of Midwives (R.C.M)
I hold my own individual Malpractice, Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance with.
I am a participant in the Affiliate programme for www.birthing4blokes.com
My promise to you is that I will update on Birthing issues annually – at least 8 hours – often this is many more hours! But I will commence a listing here of relevant study days or pieces of individual study, which I often fulfil without thinking to note down – but may help you to understand some of the background to our birthing work and topical content of various issues
Annual Wise Hippo “Pod meet” – in Hertfordshire – 8 hours
- Mark Harris session – Birthing 4 Blokes
- Nick Haines session – The vitality test – your personal energies vs your business and passions
- Annie Stoker session – from the One of Many team – self-care and archetypes
- Round table talks with Kicki Hansard – Doula trainer; Janet Balaskas – Active birth innovator; Samantha Selby – “The Birth Healer” – supporting after pregnancy loss, infertility, birth experiences.
- Evening dinner and fun! (Still counts as CPD!!)
The Birth Summit – Self study of 8 Microbirth videos about the Microbiome – 10 hours
Microbiome workshop – Birmingham – 7 Hours.
The first ever One day Microbirth workshop from the film-making and award-winning Microbirth team.
Where I learnt how to teach “The Microbiome and pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding to new & expectant parents”.
About setting up a child’s immune system for lifelong health; exploring the gap between the scientists in their labs and the birth educators and workers who support new and expectant parents; linking with the book “The Microbiome effect”.